Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the part-time undergraduate degree programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE), University of Abuja, for the 2022/2023 Academic Session. The programmes, designed to provide quality education to those wishing to combine work and schooling at the same are as follows:
- B.A English Language
- B.A English Literature
- B.A Linguistics
- B.A Arabic
- B.A History and Diplomatic Studies
- B.A Christian Religious Studies
- B.A Islamic Studies
- B.A Philosophy
- B.A. Ed Guidance and Counseling
- B.A. Ed Education English
- B.Sc. Ed Education Geography
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Public Administration
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Geography and Environmental Management
- B.Sc. Political Science
C. Admission Requirement
Applicants seeking admission into the specified Part-Time programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education of the University of Abuja must possess any of the following requirements:
i.) A minimum of five credit passes including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings in the relevant subjects from any recognized examination bodies such as SSCE/WASC, GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB or TC II.
ii.) Two’ A’ Level passes with a minimum of five ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects.
iii.) Direct Entry (DE) applicants must have at least four (4) credits passes in English Language and Mathematics in SSCE or NECO in not more than two sittings and at least two passes in ‘A’ level G.C.E or Diploma at Upper Credit level or 10 points in Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB). NCE holders with a minimum of Ten points pass obtained from a recognized institution in addition to five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes as in (i) above can also be considered.
D. Duration and Mode of Study
All Part-Time programmes run at the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE) shall be for a minimum of Six (6) years in respect of the regular four year degree programme depending on the entry qualifications. The mode of study is mainly face-to face contact on weekends.
E. Method of Application
Prospective candidates are requested to process their admission through JAMB e-facility platform to register after which applicants can be seen on the institution’s CAPS dashboard for admission processing before proceeding to apply with JAMB Registration number online via CDL&CE Portal:
- Click on APPLY button to commence the Application
- Fill your Biodata thus: (Surname, First name, Other names, Email, and Phone Number). These steps require you to have a valid email address. You may need to open one if you do not have
- On the payment preview page, click on Generate RRR
- Click make payment and you will be redirected to remita platform, enter your card details (Master Card or Visa Card)
- After a successful payment, you will be redirected to the portal and the application number generated. You will be logged out accordingly
- Click on “Main Login”, and enter the generated application number and surname as the password to continue the application process
F. Application Fee
Application forms shall be purchased at the cost of Fifteen Thousand Naira (₦15,000) only through REMITA platform excluding bank charges. Applicants are expected to check their e-mail and message boxes from time to time for information and update regarding their applications. For further Enquiries, Please call: 07033974306.