OJO, Samuel Dunsin
14, Uzoma Street, Hajj Camp, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Nigeria.
+234 703 397 4306
M. Ed in Adult Education (Social Welfare) (2009)
University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
B. Ed in Adult Education (Economics)
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Akungba
CAREER / JOB EXPERIENCE
University of Abuja, Centre For Distance Learning and Continuing Education, FCT Abuja, Nigeria.
2015 till date
SchulPortal Technologies Ltd.
2012 – 2015
1) EBELOGU Christopher U, OJO Samuel D, ANDEH Chioma P, AGU Edward O (2019) Cybercrime, its adherent negative effects on Nigerian Youths and the Society at Large: Possible Solutions. Volume 5, Issue 12 International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering (ijasre) DOI: 10.31695/IJASRE.2019.33658
2) EBELOGU Christopher U, ORIAKHI Joseph E, OJO Samuel D, AGU Edward O (2019), Cryptocurrency (Blockchain) Technology as a means of leveraging the Nigeria Economy. Volume 5, Issue 12 International Journal of Advances in Scientific Research and Engineering (ijasre) DOI: 10.31695/IJASRE.2019.33657
3) First Degree Thesis (HIV-related stigmatization: Causes, Implications and Solutions)
4) Second Degree Dissertation (Parenting Styles and Social Factors as determinants of delinquent behaviours among secondary school students)
- NOUN Kaduna Centre Facilitators’ Development Workshop.
- LAUTECH ODL Course Content Development, Online/E-Tutoring.
- MAUTECH-Yola Capacity Building Workshop, Course Content Design for Lecturers.
- University of Maiduguri Workshop on technological-mediated Learning Facilitation.
- University of Abuja, Centre for Distance Learning Workshops/Seminars:
- Open and Distance Learning Capacity Building Workshop (15th-19th Sept, 2014)
- Adaptation of Course Materials (10th-15th, 24th-29th Nov, 2014)
- Online Interaction and Learning Facilitation (23rd-25th July, 2015)
- Web 2.0 Solutions for Learners’ Support (August 19th 2015)
- Learner Engagement and ICT Enabled Facilitation for Facilitators (Nov. 24th 2015)
- ICT Enabled Learning Facilitation and Assessment for Facilitators (4th-5th Dec, 2015)
- 4th ACDE International Conference held in Zimbabwe 6th – 9th June, 2014
- University of Ibadan, Distance Learning Centre Lecturers’ Capacity Building Workshop.
- UNILAG Distance Learning Institute Capacity Building Workshop, Badagry, Lagos State.
- SchulPortals Technologies Ltd capacity building and departmental trainings
- University of Abuja, Centre For Distance Learning and Continuing Education:
- Open and Distance Learning Practice Sensitization and Advocacy Workshops
- One-Day Awareness workshop on Use of Open Educational Resource (OER) By African Virtual University
- NCC-DBI / University of Abuja 1-Week Training: SPSS For Data Analysis. (Nov. 2020)
- NCC-DBI / University of Abuja One-Week Training on Advanced Digital Appreciation Programme For Tertiary Institutions. (June. 2022)
PRIMARY DUTIES / ASSIGNMENTS
Role: eTutor Tenure: 2015-present.
=>Facilitator of ‘Sessional’ Applicants Induction Course (AIC) ‘Eight Sessions)
=>Setting up of instructional technologies for Electronic Facilitation of Lectures by Faculty Members.
=>Setting up of Virtual Learning Classes via ZOOM, GoogleMeet and WizIq for Students and Students.
=>Management of Studio Recordings and Virtual Facilitation From Academic Studio
=>Re-designing Distance Learners Study Materials using ADDIE Instructional Design Model
=>Facilitates Sociology Programme Learning Activities on MOODLE LMS (Quizzes, Forum, Discussion etc.) as delegated by Faculty Officer/Lecturer
Supervises Lecture Video Recording with Lecturers and Colleagues at the Centre’s Multimedia Studio.
=>Lecture Video Editing Using Camtasia Studio (Screen Recording Software)
Propagating Recorded Lecture Video Contents to the Institutional YouTube Channel
=>Coordinates the integration of recorded Lecture Video Contents on the School LMS (MOODLE) and setting up of Learning Activites for Students’ Engagement and Assessment
=>Represents the Centre For Distance Learning and Continuing Education in the Central University ICT Team
=>Collaborated with Subject Matter Experts/Faculty Staff in developing Sociology Department’s Lecture Materials/Contents SOC 107 (Introduction To Anthropology)
I am currently serving as the Webmaster of Centre For Distance Learning and Continuing Education specifically to manage University of Abuja Students / School Information and Portal Gateway Management Solutions. My responsibilities on this role include;
=>Students’ Payment Module: Back-end Payment Records Verification and Support Related
=>Students’ Course Module: Propagating the School Information System / Portal Solution portal with senate approved course outline across Department of Sociology, Economics, Political Science, Business Administration and Public Administration.
=>Students’ Application Module: Backend access to University’s Application records and reporting to Management Officers for necessary action.
=>Students’ Data Module: Uploading of Students’ data/record on the new Integrated portal and setting-up of new Students on the new Integrated portal.
=>Conducts as directed training sessions for teaching staff and non-teaching Staff on Distance Learning Themes. Setup and Managed Electronic Support System for Students and Staff.
=>Helps to mentor new Centre For Distance Learning Faculty Member (s) recruits on e-Learning and Virtual Facilitation to ensure professional development.