Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who are holders of HND, Bachelor’s, Third-Class and Pass degrees for admission into the University of Abuja degree programme for the 2020/2021Academic Session.
The programme is aimed at providing quality oriented degrees for those who are currently in private or public service, or individuals who seek better degree qualifications to enhance their employability, nationally and internationally; and to upgrade their current qualifications or remedy their deficiencies.
The UofA degree programmes in all disciplines, include a general preparation in entrepreneurship education and training in a foreign language as part of General Studies requirements.
The available programmes are as follows:
- B. Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Eng. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- B.Eng. Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Public Administration
- B.A. Theatre Arts
- B.A. History & Diplomatic Studies
- B.A. English
- B.A. English Literature
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.A. Arabic
- B.A. Christian Religious Studies
- B.A. Islamic Studies
- B.A. Philosophy
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Political Science & International Relations
- B. Sc. Sociology
- B. Sc. Geography
- B. Agric. Animal Science
- B. Agric. Agric. Economics
- B. Agric. Agric. Extension and Rural Sociology
- B. Agric. Agronomy
- B. Agric. Soil Science
- B. Agric. Crop Protection
- B. Sc. Ed. Agric. Science
- B. Sc. Ed. Chemistry
- B. Sc. Ed. Physics
- B. Sc. Ed. Mathematics
- B. Ed. Social Studies
- B.A. Ed. Islamic Studies
- B.A. Ed. Christian Religious Studies
- B. Ed. Guidance and Counseling
- B. Ed. Admin and Planning
- B.Sc. Ed. Economics
- B.Sc. Ed. Environmental Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Biology
- B. Ed. Primary Education Studies
- B. LS. Library Science
- B.Sc. Ed. Geography
- B.A. Ed. English
- B.A. Ed. History
Applicants seeking admission into the specified Bachelor's Degree Programmes of the University of Abuja must be holders of either Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate with a minimum of Lower Credit or a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of pass degree in a related discipline from recognized University/Polytechnic.
In addition, applicants must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings in the relevant subjects from any recognized examination bodies such as SSCE/WASC, GCE 'O' Level, NECO, NABTEB or TC II.
Applicants who gained admission and graduated from a recognized University or Polytechnic through Direct Entry (DE), must have at least four (4) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE/NECO or NABTEB, in not more than two sittings, and at least two passes in 'A' level G.C.E. or Diploma at Upper Credit level or 10 points in Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB).
All the programmes shall run in two (2) Academic Sessions of six (6) Semesters with the entry point commencing at 200 level. The mode of study is mainly intensive face-to-face contact (including whole weekends) with a blend of Virtual Classroom activities
Prospective candidates are requested to process their admission through JAMB e-facility platform to register, after which applicants can be seen on the institution's CAPS dashboard for admission processing before proceeding to apply with JAMB Registration number online via CDL&CE Portal.
Applicants are required to apply through the following process:
1. Visit: www.cdlce.uniabuja.edu.ng
2. Click on CLICK HERE TO APPLY to read Admission Requirements.
3. Indicate the mode of Study PART-TIME OR ODL OR BACHELOR'S DEGREE UPGRADE (FOR HOLDERS OF HND, THIRD-CLASS & PASS DEGREES ONLY).
4. Click on APPLY button to commence Application.
5. Fill your Biodata thus: (Surname, First name, Other name, Email, and Phone Number). These steps require you having a valid email address. You may need to open one if you do not have already.
6. On the payment preview page, click on GENERATE RRR
7. Click MAKE PAYMENT and you will be redirected to remita platform, Enter your card details (Master Card or Visa Card)
8. After a successful payment, you will be redirected to the portal and application number generated. You will be logged out accordingly.
9. Click on "Main Login", Enter the generated application number and surname as the password to continue the application process