Have you ever read a book? How well did you understand what you read,? or do you find it difficult to finish any book you decide to read? Reading is the process of looking g at a series of writer symbols and getting meaning from them. Some people can read for several hours at a stretch with perfect concentration and understanding, some read for only 3hours and get tired. Our individual brains have different capacities to understand what you read?
Reading is the process of looking at a series of written symbols and getting meaning from it .Some people can read for seven hours at a stretch with perfect concentration and understanding. Some read for only three hours, and feel the need to engage in some other activities before they return to reading. Our individual brains have different capacities for absorbing and understanding what is read.
SKILLS NEEDED TO IMPROVE READING
- Pick up a book. Try finding something to read that interest you. Explore news papers, magazines, novels etc
- Practice your reading habit. Now that you have found what you like to read, you can set a goal of 20 minutes a day of reading. After you have achieved this, you can increase the time to 1 hour a day
- Do not give up. Winners never quit. If you find you cannot complete the task in the first place, do not be discouraged.
- Do not put too much pressure on yourself. When you find yourself being stressed while reading a book, do not continue reading under pressure.
- Before you read a book, go through the table of contents first, in other to form an idea of what you are about to read