A stitch in time, they say, saves nine. In any activity one has set out to do, it is possible for one to monitor whether one is achieving or failing. Achievement is not a one time thing it comes through incremental effort and steady progression. As you have started this session, The counselling unit is encouraging you to set your achievement clock. That is, try on daily basis to check the activities you carried out that are closely connected to your academic pursuit. You need to time yourself everyday. Never you go to bed everyday without asking yourself what you have done towards achieving your academic goal. Set your achievement clock; promise yourself that no day shall pass by without you accomplishing at least one assignment towards your success in your academics.
The activities include:
• Checking the LMS to see if you have any assignment or task to be done
• Browsing the Net to get more materials on the courses you are offering
• Reading at least a study session from one of your courses
• Noting down gray areas in your modules which will form part of your discussions with your facilitators
• Doing your assignments to meet up submission deadlines.
• Practising with past questions on the courses you are offering for the session
• Joining a study group ( it is advisable not to be more than 5 members in a group)
• Having general positive attitude and disposition towards your academic pursuit.
DO NOT WAIT TILL RESIDENTIAL, START NOW. IT PAYS TO BE PREPARED